Re: Panel Background Images

On 3/25/23 7:10 PM, E. Liddell via tde-users wrote:
The originals are gradients intended to suggest a contour, yes.  The ones I
sent you show up as gradients for me, just very dark ones.  It's possible
that a differently-adjusted monitor would hide the variation.

Try the attached—is it still dead black for you, or is the gradient visible now?
The lightest colour is still quite a dark grey (#404040), but much lighter than
the ones in the first set.

My eyesight no longer is sharp anymore. One of the effects of aging that I have not accepted gracefully. Once upon a time people called me eagle eyes. :(

When viewed in an image viewer the default_black2.png looks flat. Oddly, when tested in the panel as a background image I then see a downward gradient similar to the original default.png. A keeper. :)

Noting the difference caused by the image viewers and my vision, I looked again at your first two images. The black_glass.png still looks flat to me in the panel, but if I look real close I see the top and bottom are a smidgen lighter than the middle. I think the color black causes a loss of the curvature effect unless the top and bottom were a lighter gradient.

I can barely see downward gradients with the first default_black.png. The newer default_black2.png looks more like the original default.png.

Doug Y. created a nice grey_glass.png (refer to a previous list reply). Another keeper. :)

Seems we have the following new images:

default_black2.png (you)
grey_glass.png (Doug)
black_flat.png (me)

To provide consistent naming, for submittal I will rename your default_black2.png to black_shade.png, similar to the name black_flat.png.