Re: Panel Background Images

On 3/25/23 6:59 PM, Dan Youngquist via tde-users wrote:
Here's the first with the color removed.

default.png is already grayscale, so not really sure what you want done to it.

I just tested and grey_glass.png creates a nice background png for the panel. I like the curvature effect. :)

I still am hoping for the same with black. I am not an artist but I suspect at some point the curvature effect might get hazy or lost because of the nature of the color black. Perhaps to retain the curvature effect there is a limit to how black the image can be.

The difference between my flat black image and blue|grey_glass.png is the illusion of being curved. My solid black looks sharp but is flat and does not have that curvature effect.

I will try to submit these images into the tdebase sources.

With GIMP, you can easily adjust images however you want.

"Easily adjust" is relative. I have no art background. Finding the correct terms to use paint and image editing tools is Sisyphean for me. Launching tools like GIMP transforms me into the classic deer staring into the headlight beams.