Re: Mouse acceleration

On 3/21/23 11:01 PM, Darrell Anderson via tde-users wrote:
> I seem unable to configure mouse pointer acceleration. The mouse pointer
> moves way too fast, beyond usability. Acceleration is set to 1.0 in TCC.
> Sometimes I can change that setting, reset to 1.0, and the mouse pointer
> behaves but often not.

Do you have a different mouse you can try?

I use several different machines with TDE, and several different mice, and
frequently boot a customer's machine to a TDE live disk for one reason or
another.  When I need a mouse on a workbench, I grab one from a pile of
spares I have.  It's only once in a while that I run into a mouse that
doesn't work perfectly with no adjustment, but when it happens it's usually
some bottom-of-the-barrel cheapie, and usually the problem is that they're
way too sensitive.  When I have to buy mice, I generally stick to the basic
Dell or HP corded USB mice that came with a lot of computers, because they
work well and can be had at any thrift store for a buck or two.

All that to say, try a different mouse before you blame TDE.

--
For PGP key, search on the PGP Global Directory.