Re: Restructuring TDE donations - opinions wanted

On Wednesday 22 March 2023 07:20:46 Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:

> Note: whatever goes into donations, will go into the TDE project, not
> Slavek's. Slavek would serve as the temporary recipient/holder till we have
> a proper non-profit setup.

Yes, I understood this point, but I was playing with irony when I probably
ought to have kept to the simple literal meaning.

As far as I am concerned, the devs all do a lot of work to keep us running
TDE, and in return they only get our thanks, sometimes, if we remember.

We ought to consider not only where we want to establish the non-profit, but
also how to keep donations separate from individuals acting on behalf of the
organization itself.

Maybe we ought to set up a bank account for TDE? Even if the non-profit itself
has not been officially established, I believe that it is possible to set up
an account in which to keep those donations. Then, too, it would be easier
for persons such as myself to make a donation, as I could just make out a
bank draft to Trinity Desktop Development Project (or whatever), and that
would allow me to bypass PayPal.

Small businesses (and especially non-profits) are usually a little messy in
the beginning, and sometimes the cart gets put before the horse. Setting up a
bank account in the name of TDE might be a good start.

Bill