Re: Restructuring TDE donations - opinions wanted

On Wednesday 22 March 2023 06:30:35 Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:
> > In the past there has
> > been talks to establish a non-profit TDE organization, but this has yet
> > to happen.
> >
> > With release R14.1.0 coming soon, I would like to propose for donations
> > to be temporarily redirected to Slavek, till the TDE non profit
> > organization is established.

Sounds good.

> > If Slavek needed to pay
> > additional taxes due to the temporary donation income, I suggest those
> > would be paid out of the donations themselves.

That could be done, but most tax codes have a 'transfer payee' mechanism, so
all Slávek probably has to do is find a CPA who’s familiar with that part of
the tax code and follow the instructions.  (I’ve done this with USA C
corporations, but that’s not really relevant for a non-profit setup who knows
where.)

> > What is your opinion? There is about a month before R14.1.0 is released,
> > so it would probably leave just enough time to prepare the new setup.

Switching the donation button to Slávek?  Sure.