Re: Trisquel/drop-in ubuntu replacement

William Morder via tde-users wrote:

> If you don't want to be a slave to your machines, that is a good reason to
> learn to run Debian/Devuan. At least here, running my own machine, I can
> feel like I have some control over my life. Beyond that, not so much ...

I couldn't resist and had to say Amen!

Except that systemd topic - it runs very reliably now and when you read,
watch or listen to the reasoning behind it, it makes a lot of sense.
Especially since Linus Torvalds banned Kay Sievers, things are really easy
(but I think it was back in 2014).
So I think for dep the better option is Debian as he didn't mention anything
about having problem with systemd in his writings.
I have one server machine and one firewall that run Debian without systemd
(sysv-init). You have the choice in Debian to do this if you wish. I think
it is very useful on desktops and notebooks, while on servers, not so much.
It makes life much easier and since it is working stable and quite, I don't
mind.