Re: drop-in ubuntu replacements?

said Felix Miata via tde-users:

| I still don't understand how I was able to do a bunch of times with no
| issues in memory, while you can't do it once. What's in your sources
| that you are unable to change from focal to jammy and do apt[-get,itude]
| full-upgrade?

That's not the issue. The issue is that Canonical is getting bad and
planning, I think, to get worse -- anybody remember Caldera? -- and I want
to use a different distro. I, too, have upgraded Ubuntu uneventfully
since, I think, 8.04. I would like to continue to upgrade uneventfully. I
just don't want to get it from Ubuntu, which is Canonical, and which has
taken to things such as adding little messages saying that there are other
security upgrades that it's holding back unless I register with them. To
use a delicate term, screw that.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album