Re: TDE special window rules

On Monday 27 February 2023 22:41:17 Darrell Anderson via tde-users wrote:
> I am trying to configure special window rules for some VirtualBox machines.
>
> I want the virtual machines to always open in virtual desktop/workspace 2.
>
> I have many virtual machines but a few I use almost daily. Many years
> ago I created *.desktop files to launch these few systems without
> needing to launch the VirtualBox Manager. I have used devilspie to force
> launching in desktop 2.

Don't know much about VMs, but I am very picky about getting my programs
always to open in the same window. I have 20 windows on my desktop at
present, and I have most of them dedicated to one or two particular programs
(usually related, at least for my uses), which is how I manage to keep things
in order and not scattered haphazardly everywhere.

So, I don't know if this helps to resolve your issue, but here goes:

1) right-click at the top edge of any open application, and look for
Advanced >
2) left-click on Special Application Settings >
3) Look for Desktop
4) click the box to the left of Desktop
5) from the middle menu, at right of Desktop, choose "Force" (or whatever best
suits you needs)
6) from the menu at the extreme right, choose whatever desktop number you want

And that ought to do it. I assume that you have already enabled multiple
desktops in your settings; if not, you'll probably want to do that.

I hope this helps!

Bill