Re: TCC Device Manager

Serious lag here as well, on loading and scrolling (I'd never noticed before because
I don't care about that module).

TDE 14.0.13
Gentoo, kernel version 6.1.1
Threadripper 1900X
96 GB DDR4 RAM
AMD Radeon RX 560 GPU

I don't remember whether the issue also existed with the flaky nVidia 1050
that I swapped out about a month ago.  I have no .xsession-errors that I
can find, and nothing unusual in other logs.  Might not even be the same
issue—between the eight-core processor and the mass of USB ports and
bridges on the motherboard, I have a *lot* of "devices" on my system that
no one cares about but whose info would have to be parsed anyway.

kcontrol intermittently saturates one thread while this module is trying to
adjust its display, so whatever it's doing appears to be CPU-bound.

E. Liddell

There is a TGW issue filed recently about this:
https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tde/issues/110

There has been a number of changes on tdehw in R14.1.0-dev.
E. or anyone else: are you able to test this using the current master and see if the delay is still there or not?
I don't see the delay on my computer, but if someone is able to reproduce it on R14.1.0-dev and eventually test some patches, it would help troubleshooting a lot.

Thanks
  Michele