Re: TCC Device Manager

On Thu, 2 Feb 2023 00:48:15 -0600
Darrell Anderson via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does the Control Center Device Manager function? Often any attempt to
> use that module causes the desktop to almost screech to a halt. Requests
> to view devices is really slow. There is a noticeable lag/latency when
> using the mouse wheel to scroll the list.
>
> Probably related but there is significant .xsession-errors log spew of
> [FIXME] UNCLASSIFIED DEVICE messages.

Serious lag here as well, on loading and scrolling (I'd never noticed before because
I don't care about that module).

TDE 14.0.13
Gentoo, kernel version 6.1.1
Threadripper 1900X
96 GB DDR4 RAM
AMD Radeon RX 560 GPU

I don't remember whether the issue also existed with the flaky nVidia 1050
that I swapped out about a month ago.  I have no .xsession-errors that I
can find, and nothing unusual in other logs.  Might not even be the same
issue—between the eight-core processor and the mass of USB ports and
bridges on the motherboard, I have a *lot* of "devices" on my system that
no one cares about but whose info would have to be parsed anyway.

kcontrol intermittently saturates one thread while this module is trying to
adjust its display, so whatever it's doing appears to be CPU-bound.

E. Liddell