Re: Plymouth error

Thierry de Coulon wrote:

> The "esthetics" are limited to replacing text messages by a dark screen
> with a coloured bar to let you wait for the boot  (or the shutdown) to
> finish.

It is not that simple, but TBH you most probably are not interested in the
boot messages (especially on desktop or notebook).
You can press the ESC button and you see the console. I personally think it
is a very nice feature. I even configured background, font and field size
etc in a custom template, so the PC has a kind of identity/face when it
starts the boot screen, the progress bar and password field for the
encrypted disk. It feels modern - 21st century. Don't you think so?

If there is something not working, then this is most probably not plymouth.
For example why would you wait on boot or shutdown? Why is X not starting -
no logs - no talks :)