Plymouth error

Hello all,

As I allready mentioned, I am using MX-Linux at school. I have now installed
it on my laptop because it's the only Debian-based distribution I've found
where Gnome-Display-Networks is working - which let's me connect my machine
with a Microsoft Wireless dongle.

To stop any discussion: no, I won't use Ubuntu or Mint, so I haven't tested
those.

I have installed Trinity on MX and it works well, with one glitch:

- If I use TDM (dpkg-reconfigure tdm-trinity) there seem to be some problem at
shutdown, wich leads to - sometime, not always - a failure of X to start at
boot (I did not write down the message but it's something about a Plymouth
failure). If I log in (cli) and then start X it works.

- If I use lightdm there is no problem (except the less friendly greeter).

>From all this, I have concluded that the problem is linked to the use of
Trinity's login screen. While I can live with lightdm, does anyone understand
what the problem with plymouth is, and/or if it's possible to get TDM's
greeter without plymouth? I seem to remember a time where plymouth had to be
installed only for some versions of the greeter - maybe I'm wrong.

Thierry