Re: Do we want to participate in social networks?

On 2022-12-08 08:27 PM, Mike Bird wrote:
On Thu December 8 2022 17:34:32 Slávek Banko wrote:
Does it seem like a good idea for us to have an official communication
channel for our project on Mastodon? What is your opinion on this?

I'm on Twitter.  It's far from perfect but TTBOMK much more popular
than Mastodon.  @kdecommunity has 114K followers on Twitter while
@gnome has 187K.

What sort of numbers do they have on Mastodon?  I'm not familiar
enough with Mastodon to find those numbers quickly although I did
stumble across this: https://social.anoxinon.de/@gnulinux/109471420784742781

--Mike
As much as I hate Twitter, I do agree that Twitter shouldn't be off
the list. I know far more people who use Twitter than any who use a
Mastodon instance. If we truly wanna get a word out there on Trinity,
Twitter is a better candidate, even with it's many flaws.

That's not to say Mastodon isn't a good one either. It's a nice
alternative and there are a lot of people who use it, but twitters'
reach is far more. Both is good.

--
Nick G. / Wirlaburla