Do we want to participate in social networks?

Hi all,

some time ago I was thinking about whether we want to become an active
member of social networks with our project. Things like Facebook and
Twitter have always been "no go" zones for me. However, I've been
thinking about the Mastodon platform for a long time.

Mastodon is a decentralized platform for publishing short messages and
pictures. It is based on open source architecture and therefore this
platform is close to our ideas. You can see profiles of other projects
like @kde@floss.social, @gnome@floss.social, and others.

I assume that it would help to "make us visible" and information could be
published there, for example about the release of new versions, or some
useful information regarding development, screenshots, solving issues and
community info.

Does it seem like a good idea for us to have an official communication
channel for our project on Mastodon? What is your opinion on this?

Cheers
--
Slávek