Re: Reliably play a sound without disrupting the screen? [offtopic]

On Saturday 19 November 2022 12:03:46 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2022 Sat, 19 Nov 10:43:55 -0800
>
> Oh you youngsters! My phone is a Siemens C55 :)
>
> Nik

Who you calling "young"? I will be 65 in a few months, though I still feel
about age 17 or so; however, I find that I now have a hard time determining
the ages of people between about 15-50 years, as they all look like children
to me.

I keep an old ZTE Blackberry-type phone that I still use for some tasks, such
as alarms.

If I had my druthers, I'd stick with a landline and no snooper device at all,
but it is obvious that people are being herded into using smartphones, and
there is no escape for some things. (Some jobs require a smartphone, and many
services here in the US are available only for smartphone users.)

Instead of pleading ignorance of the new technology (and then to fend off
well-meaning do-gooders, or get me branded as a heretic by the new
tech-loving Inquisition, I believe that it's better to know enough about the
new stuff coming out, just so I can avoid the unwanted side-effects.

Bill