Re: Trouble Installing TDE in Devuan Chimaera

On 2022-09-11 21:01:49 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > > # Trinity - TDE - ### Acquire::AllowInsecureRepositories
> > > # sudo torify apt-get -o Acquire::AllowInsecureRepositories=true update
> > > # sudo apt-get -o Acquire::AllowInsecureRepositories=true update
> >
> >       I guess the ### should be separate lines? and this might correct
> > the '... does not have a Release file.'?
>
> No, I just commented out these lines because they would only screw up apt
> or aptitude or whatever you use to download packages and src files. I just
> put the notes in my sources list so that I have them for reference, because
> about every third or fourth time I install a new system, the TDE
> repositories aren't accepted. Instead of screwing round endlessly, this
> line gets me started:
>
> sudo [torify] apt-get -o Acquire::AllowInsecureRepositories=true update
> instead of
> sudo [torify] apt-get update
>
> I included the lines from my own sources.list. It works for me; that's the
> only promise I make. Other people do things differently, and they may know
> better. You will note that I have identical lines for chimaera and
> bullseye, but one or the other is commented out; that's because chimaera
> wasn't being recognized (when I tried to download the Trinity packages),
> but bullseye was.
>
> It doesn't matter for TDE (I believe; if I'm wrong, please correct me!):
> they will work equally under either Debian or Devuan. Trinity desktop is
> not part of either Debian or Devuan (or SUSE or whatever). The packages
> ought to be the same for Debian/Devuan. Use whatever lines work.
>
> Only when you decide to install either Devuan or Debian, then it matters a
> great deal. Again, most of the packages are identical, or at least ought to
> work; but those that don't work will maybe mess up your system and you'll
> need to start over. So make sure you get your Devuan/Debian lines right,
> whatever you choose to install.
>
> Bill

	Heh.  I got my Trinity repositories working by changing ...-r14.0.12 to ..-r14.0.x, which
I should have remembered, having made the same mistake with the openSUSE repositories
long ago. :-)
	Changing
| http://deb.devuan.org/merged
| http://pkgmanager.devuan.org/merged
| https://deb.devuan.org/merged
| https://pkgmanager.devuan.org/merged
got me further, but the first one gets a bad certificate error (that it tells me will be
valid in 6min 36secs).
	Aaaand...eight minutes later it says it will be valid in 3h 58min 18s.  I'll try
substituting debian for devuan...
The deb repository is what provides the base OS binaries, right?  If so, there's no way to
install or upgrade the OS on the machine until I get it working?

Leslie