Re: Most stable platform to run Trinity on?

On Friday 02 September 2022 14:37:42 J Leslie Turriff wrote:
> 	It looks like OpenSuSE has decided to deprecate Leap, their long-term
> stable release, possibly in favour of Tumbleweed, their rolling release
> (they're being very coy about what will replace Leap).  Trinity runs on
> numerous other Linuxes; which would be best for someone like me who values
> stability over gee-whiz features and eye-candy?
>
> Leslie
> --
> Operating System:	Linux
> Distribution:		openSUSE Leap 15.4 x86_64
> Desktop Environment:	Trinity
> 	Qt:   	  	3.5.0
> 	TDE:	  	R14.0.12
> 	tde-config:	1.0

Even though you've already got several responses, I will add my recommendation
for Devuan or Debian. Having gone through PC Linux, Kubuntu (or variations of
other 'Buntus), as well as trying out dozens of other distros, I like exactly
that about Debian; that it's stable, doesn't change much (unless really
necessary), and you get to make your own eye-candy.

And now, Devuan has become even more true to the Debian philosophy than Debian
itself, and I find that I spend less time maintaining my system, so that I
can use it for other things in real life. I don't want to become a slave to
the machines.

However ... I always do keep an eye out for some new distro that may have
something better to offer. I keep wanting to run Whonix, but I first I need
to find a better place to live. So then, back to Devuan, which is simple and
just works.

Bill