Re: whoops, i did it again: tiny taskbar icons, no text

On Sunday 21 August 2022 16:47:47 Michael wrote:
> On Sunday 21 August 2022 02:22:08 pm dep wrote:
> > greets, everybody . . .
> >
> > this happened once before and i was able somehow to fix it. it has
> > happened again, and i can't find the recipe to undo it.

Taskbar? as in, right-click lower panel to unlock?

If you do that, you get some settings for the lower panel and taskbar, but I
don't see anything about icons. However, you ought to be able to set their
size (and other panel items) in Trinity Control Center (TCC > Appearance and
Themes > Icons > Advanced).

You can also get to the same place, for configuration of the taskbar, through
TCC > Desktop > Taskbar.

In any case, one thing I've discovered through a lot of stupid experience:
once you get the lower panel set as you want it, LOCK it down! (My entire
lower panel sometimes likes to relocate itself to the side, or the icons like
to wander around.) I suspect that something else you're doing, that's related
to the taskbar, is changing it; for example, right-clicking to unlock the
lower panel, for whatever reason, then forgetting to lock it again.

And it doesn't matter that I know this, because no matter how many times it's
happened, I sometimes forget to lock the lower panel, then I end up wasting
time trying to get it back like it was.

Happy hunting!

Bill