Re: Screensavers not working

On Sunday 24 July 2022 09:44:16 Hunter Ellett via tde-users wrote:

> > I would try creating a config file here, see what happens. Good luck!
>
> Hi William and everyone else,
>
> Thanks for this. I checked the TDE Help Center articles on the TDE
> Screensaver and it says this should be in
> ~/.trinity/share/config/kdesktoprc. Indeed there is a table for
> [ScreenSaver]. My settings appear almost identical to yours minus some
> thing like the "LegacySaverEnabled" and "PlasmaEnabled" options, but I've
> got the following:
>
> [ScreenSaver]
> DelaySaverStart=false
> Enabled=true
> HideActiveWindowsFromSaver=true
> HideCancelButton=false
> Lock=false
> LockGrace=60000
> Saver=KSpace.desktop
> Timeout=480
> UseTDESAK=true
> UseUnmanagedLockWindows=false
>
> With these my screensaver does not work at all. I also have Xscreensaver
> installed, but I think it was installed along with tdeartwork.
>
> Thanks.

Seems to me that there must be some other application that blocks it from
starting. Just a guess, but aside from what I already said, I don't have a
clue. I would look first at your powersaving settings. Media players, etc.,
for example, ought not to block the screensaver except temporarily, that is,
while you are actually using them.

Bill