Re: No more getting the login manager

Hi Leskala,

On Thursday 07 July 2022 12.05:32 Leskala via tde-users wrote:

> can you check if "tdm" is installed ("sudo dpkg -l | grep tdm")? If not,
> you could try installing it again via "sudo apt install tdm-trinity".

tdm-trinity is installed. As I have no other DM installed I could not start
TDE without it - but I checked, it's there.

> If it is already installed, you could try "sudo dpkg-reconfigure
> tdm-trinity" to set it as the default after bootup.

This I allready did. Did not work

> If there's still no graphical login screen after bootup, check "sudo
> systemctl status tdm"

tdm.service is loaded and active

> and "sudo journalctl -u tdm" after logging in on the
> text interface for any hints or errors.

says "started Trinity Display Manager"

> Best regards, Leskala

So the problem seems not with TDM, but why Debian now decides I want a text
login and not a graphical login. I tried what I found ordre systemd to use a
graphical login, but it does not work...

Thierry