Spell checking issue

Confused I am.  Some of that is probably of my own making.

I know I have a mis-spelled word in "a" spellchecker.

And, it appears I have both 'standard' spell checkers in play:
both `ispell` and `aspell`.

`kwrite` seems to be using ispell

`nano` seems to be using aspell

Well, I've noticed that the spell checker in kwrite is happy
with the spelling "everyting".

nano is unhappy with the spelling "everyting", as it should be.

The only user spellchecker files I can find in $HOME/ are:
.aspell.en.pws
.aspell.en.prepl
There are no .ispell* files in $HOME/

There's no "everyting" in .aspell.en.pws - as confirmed by nano.

I can find no other user file in $HOME/ that seems to be related to
any spellchecker.   But I know I've added 'words' in kwrite --
especially often-used acronyms,

Two questions:

Where is the user file for ispell's user added words?

Can someone point me to a decent HOW-TO to set my system (Ubuntu) to use
just _one_ of the spell checkers?  Maybe I could clear up my multiple
spell checker confusion.

Well, I guess I have a third query:
Could someone that uses ispell confirm whether or not "everyting" is
in ispell's global dictionary?
Thanks,
Jonesy
--
  Marvin L Jones     | Marvin     | W3DHJ  | linux
   Pueblo, Colorado  |  @         | Jonesy |  FreeBSD __