Wallpaper alignment behavior of Konqueror and KDesktop

Hello everyone,

I have 2 issues with the wallpaper setting behavior of Konqueror and KDesktop
respectively and possible improvement ideas which I'd like to discuss.

1. Konqueror set-as-wallpaper actions

Konqueror offers set-as-wallpaper actions in the right-click menu of images
under the "Actions" > "Set as Background" submenu. There are 2 actions in
the "Set as Background" category: "Centered" and "Tiled".

"Tiled" actually does what its name suggests. However, the "Centered" action
does actually lead to "Scaled" in the desktop's wallpaper setting, squishing
the image to fit the screen, ignoring the aspect ratio. "Centered" is
available in the KDesktop configuration (as in "Configure Desktop..." in the
desktop's context menu) but is not correctly triggered by this action.

So I guess this is actually a bug: the "Centered" option of "Set as
Background" in Konqueror's actions leads to "Scaled" not "Centered" in
KDesktop.
Also, one could consider replacing "Centered" in Konqueror's wallpaper actions
by "Scale & Crop" entirely (see below).

(By the way, is there a way to modify those actions via config files or are
they part of Konqueror's source code?)

2. KDesktop's default wallpaper alignment setting "Scaled" is a poor choice

When changing the wallpaper directly in KDesktops configuration dialog
(reached via "Configure Desktop..." in the desktop's context menu), upon
selecting a new image, the "Position" setting will revert to "Scaled".

This is not necessarily a bug, as KDesktop might just have "Scaled" hardcoded
as its default and always reverts to it. However, I think "Scaled" is a poor
choice for a default by modern standards since it ignores the image's aspect
ratio and squishes any image that doesn't perfectly match the current
display's aspect ratio.
In my opinion, "Scale & Crop" is a much more sensible option and is the
default behavior of most modern desktop environments nowadays, as it doesn't
squish any images.

I think KDesktop should remember the previous "Position" setting when changing
the wallpaper file in its dialog and/or the default should be changed
to "Scale & Crop", which would fit most situations just fine.

Best regards,

Leskala