TDE display control messes up colors on RPi with full KMS driver

Hello everyone,

I'm running TDE R14.0.12 on Debian 11 (bullseye) using a Raspberry Pi 2B.

With the Debian 11 (bullseye) release of the Raspberry Pi OS, the RPi offers 2
display drivers: "vc4-kms-v3d" (full KMS) and "vc4-fkms-v3d" (fake KMS). Till
Debian 10 the fake one was default, now it is the full KMS and the fake KMS
driver is supposed to be no longer actively supported (though it can still be
switched to).

The new default driver (full KMS) poses new issues with the display handling
of TDE in terms of color (or gamma) management. As soon as TDE's display
management is used, the colors get all weird like the whole screen gets
rainbow-colored with very low color depth.

Here's a photo I took (it doesn't show up on screenshots):
https://i.imgur.com/DIaIP9m.jpeg

- using xrandr or TDERandRTray to switch resolutions is fine
- using the Trinity control center's "System Administration" > "Monitor &
Display" > "Enable global display control" will make colors go crazy as shown
in the photo
- moving the "Hardware Gamma Control" sliders in the control center will alter
the shades of rainbow colors but never fixes the general color distortion
- using "xrandr --output HDMI-1 --gamma 1:1:1" will fix colors until reboot
- when global display control is enabled, this is persistent and colors will
go crazy as soon as TDM starts after bootup

I'd like to keep the new (full KMS) driver since the old fkms one always had
other issues were KMix's audio volumes would scale between -350% and -400%
(yes, negative values) while alsamixer being at 50%, effectively preventing
any working volume control in TDE since sliders start at 0. This is fixed
with the full KMS driver as it handles the audio devices differently.
However, with the new driver I can't make permanent adjustments to screen
resolutions with TDE (only temporary with RandR) as I encounter the color bug
as described above.

Is there anything I can do about it? Should I file a bug somewhere?

Best regards,

Leskala