Re: Registering Twin?

Hello,

On Wednesday 15 June 2022 19:55:28 Michael wrote:

> The openSUSE people should be able to point you in that direction
> if you want to try again for a lighter install.
>
> Again, welcome to the list.

I think having now working TDE I simply uninstall few not needed
packages.

Many thanks for warm welcome :-).

On Wednesday 15 June 2022 23:29:44 E. Liddell wrote:

> Unless openSUSE has named the packages in a nonstandard way,
> tdebase pretty much is the minimal set—it's the core desktop
> components plus tdm, konqueror, kate, ksysguard, and konsole.
> Those aren't all absolutely essential, but most people will want
> the functionality, if not the exact program.

I see, as I said I wanted having only essentials and I was trying to
be too smart. Those few packages maybe not matter on disks, but I try
to keep really what I need, the first reason that comes to my head
that package updater won't alarm me about 100 packages, but only
90 ;-).

> For what it's worth, my system identifies the session file as being
> part of the tdebase-starttde package (note that I'm on Gentoo,
> though).

My error was around tdm -- I assumed it is Display Manager selector,
not DM itself (despite, now, obvious name). Anyway, everything now
works great and I feel like at home.

Cheers,
--
http://przypadkopis.wordpress.com/