Re: Registering Twin?

On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 19:47:46 +0200
Maciej Pilichowski <bantu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello everyone :-),
>
>   Naive question, but how can I register TWin?
>
>   I have openSUSE Leap 15.3 with default XFCE installed. Now I
> installed TWin (from Trinity repo), all good, but when I logout from
> XFCE and try to select another window manager I only see XFCE and
> IceWM as WM options. Nothing more.
>
>   So how to add Twin as well, so I would see 3 options for selection?

Like Micheal, I'm a bit puzzled.  You seem to be saying that you installed
twin alone, without the rest of TDE.  That's like installing xfwm alone,
without the rest of XFCE.

If that's what you did, the issue is that it isn't really intended to work that way.
TDE/twin likely isn't showing up in your list because there's no default session
file (because that's in a different package).

Try installing all of tdebase—that should cause the session file to be pulled
in, and then it should show up in the list presented by your display manager.

E. Liddell