Re: Camera mounts as Unknown Device

Thierry de Coulon wrote:

> On Saturday 28 May 2022 21.35:37 deloptes wrote:
>
>> It is probably recognized as MTP. If the camera software supports
>> switching to USB device as many phones today do, than you can use the old
>> style and use the USB mount. Otherwise you have to install something like
>> go-mtpfs
>
> Might be - actually go-mtpfs was allready installed (maybe for a
> smartphone). Anyway, the camera does mount, I can read, copy, delete, so
> mounting is not the problem.
>
> The problem is that I have no idea *where* it's mounted. Every time I turn
> the camera on, I get a window asking what I want to do with the camera,
> and if I accept "open in a new window", I get a perfectly usable Konqueror
> window.
>
> But if I close the window, I can't find the device anymore (except by
> turning it off, then on again). Mount does not seem to,list it (maybe
> because it's exfat?).

what does dmesg say?

to me it sound similar to this
https://mail.trinitydesktop.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/FG576YPIS2MYGGQL2HC2EHWHOCDCFGNL/#GRF4KMIT54KOLXFD7QXZRRFVGF4LH2WW
 Felmon Davis 6:10 p.m.

and also Slavek pointed to
https://mail.trinitydesktop.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/message/OHVYTBAZACV3UOEOB6SA6U6RFCVR3OOZ/

Then I was looking into https://github.com/KDE/kio-mtp but ... I do not
remember why I found it hard to port for some reason and later I forgot
about it :D