Re: Camera mounts as Unknown Device

Thierry de Coulon wrote:

> I've got a new Canon Camera. When I connect it to my PC with an USB cable,
> it is mounted as mass storage (wich is very good).
>
> It has two SD cards that appear as two directories in a Konqueror window.
> So far so good. However, this window says "system:/media/Unknown Device
> 1-12:1.0" and it is nowhere to be found, not in /media/<user>, not in
> /mnt, mount also gives me nothing (or I don't know what to look for).
>
> So I can't unmount it, I have to turn the camera off. I don't think it's a
> real problem as the SD cards are exfat formated and I check that nothing's
> being read/writen, but I'd prefer to unmount.
>
> If the system can mount this "Unknown Device 1-12:1.0", it must be
> somewhere, no?
>
> I'm not looking for a way to open the camera in Digikam or so. Coying the
> files with Konqueror is just what I want, but I'd like a way to know the
> mounting point. I got the USB IDs so I was thinking of writing some udev
> rule. lsusb returns Bus 001 Device 012: ID 04a9:32f5 Canon, Inc. but there
> is no 012 or 12 in /dev/bus/usb...

It is probably recognized as MTP. If the camera software supports switching
to USB device as many phones today do, than you can use the old style and
use the USB mount. Otherwise you have to install something like go-mtpfs

We were discussing about developing konqueror plugin for MTP and I remember
I was looking into it, but couldn't find out how to make a tdeio mtp slave