Re: message bus - connection refused - WTF? - resolved

On Saturday 07 May 2022 11:59:20 E. Liddell wrote:
> On Fri, 6 May 2022 17:53:57 -0700
>
> William Morder via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So, the culprit: I used an old USB extension cord to attach the 4-port
> > USB hub to the laptop. The USB extension cord is rather old, and I didn't
> > really give it a thought; but it's probably 1.0, whereas the laptop has
> > 3.0 ports, the hub is 3.0, and the hard drives themselves are probably
> > 3.0, too, I believe.
> >
> > I hope that I can find some newer USB extension cords. I wonder, do they
> > even make them any more?
>
> Sure—they're all over Amazon.  Although if you're going to be abusing the
> ports that way, you might want to consider a powered hub, if you can stand
> having to deal with Yet Another Power Cord.
>
> E. Liddell

Simplest thing for me is just to get a new cooling pad, then I will have a new
power cord for that item. I have found that cooling pads definitely extend
the life of a laptop.

Then I can use my powered USB hub as intended, with power cord.

But anyway, I don't normally have them all attached, mounted and running at
the same time. It is just that I have generally had them mounted as I was
tranferring my files from older hard drives taken from my desktop computer.
Now that pretty much everything is transferred and consolidated, I don't need
to keep them running.

Bill