Re: Running a shell script from KMenu -- SOLVED, never mind

said dep:
| Greets, everybody . . .
|
| I probably knew how to do this back in the second Bush administration,
| but I'm confounded by it now.
|
| My hope is to add to my KMenu an application -- it's gui and runs on my
| system -- that is started by a shell script. What I don't know is what
| to put in the command field in KMenu's entry for the item.
|
| In case it matters, the script is  /opt/dvda-author/dvda-author-gui.sh
| and this is it:
|
| #!/bin/bash
| export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/dvda-author
| cd /opt/dvda-author
| /opt/dvda-author/dvda-author-gui
| cd -
| unset $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
|
| So. Anybody know what I ought to put in the DVD-Author command box in
| KMenu? DVD-Author appears to be the only foss application for making
| audio DVDs.
|
| Thanks in advance.

If I navigated to the shell script via the KMenuEdit browse button, it puts
a single quote at each end of the fully qualified path to the script --
and it runs.

(And I think this has been incorporated sometime since the Bush
administration -- I'd have remembered something like that.)

So never mind.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album