Re: smtp sending failed

On April 13, 2022 12:51:04 PM CDT, ajh-valmer <ajh.valmer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>Since some days, when I send an email,
>I receive immediately this message above :
>========
>Unable to send message:
>Sending the message failed because the server rejected the following recipients:
>(The server replied: "5.7.1 <martine@xxxxxxxxx>: Relay access denied")
>The message will remain in your Outbox folder until the issue is corrected
>(e.g. an invalid address) or move it to another folder.
>The following transport protocol was used: bbox"
>========
>regardless of the smtp server, yahoo, gmail, free...
>Others smtp server indicates that my mail is a spam,
>no, it's a normal private mail.
>
>Does it come from kmail-trinity ?
>
>Thanks for your help.  Cheers
>
>André
Andre,

According to this:
http://trinitydesktop.org/servicealerts/
Seems that email is up and running fine. I doubt this is a problem with kmail for Trinity but I have had issues sending mail before. Are your ports and encryption ettings correct? If you change these settings, make sure you completely redo what is sitting in outbox because it will not send or keep giving you errors until you compose a new message, at least in my experience.
--
~ Hunter
Sent from my Android device with K9 Mail