Re: apt list --upgradable tde packages too much non stop

On Friday 25 of March 2022 15:37:07 ajh-valmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The last time I have upgraded my Debian-Bullseye, was a week ago.
> Today, an apt update gives :
> "97 packages can be upgraded" and essentially tde-trinity packages.
>
> Is it normal to have non stop a necessity of trinity upgrade.
> Each month, maybe ok, but not every week even more.
>
> Thanks, cheers,
>
> André

Hi André,

for the frequency of Trinity updates, it is essential that you use the
packages source. If you use the final release, there is now updates
typically twice a year. In addition there are sources known as PSB =>
Preliminary Stable Builds, which contains preliminary packages for the
upcoming final release, and PTB => Preliminary Testing Builds, which
contains packages of the development branch. Both of these sources, in
their nature, contain continuous updates as repairs, new things and
translations are incorporated.

So, if you are getting updated frequently, it is very likely that you use
PSB or PTB.

Cheers
--
Slávek