Re: non-starting browsers & other annoyances - screenshots

Hi Bill!

How did you manage to get kpdf show the pdfs inverted?

This is what I have managed so far:
- dark colorscheme for TDE + usable scrollbars
- usable scrollbars for GTK2 + GTK3
- almost identical fonts for menues in TDE and GTK

What does not work:
- firefox scrollbar width changes according to the clouds in Norway.
- GTK colorscheme does not match TDE, which is to be expected
- libreoffice is always black on white, inverted.

OO uses GTK2, so you need to install gtk2 themes and set the desided theme with lxappearence. I thenk there was an environment variable something like e.g.

GTK_THEME=Adwaita:dark gedit

to get "gedit" use dark theme. If I recall correctly from previouse versions of libreoffice it needed libreoffice-gtk2 to work (if it did at all) - and I remember some versions didn't give a s***t, so probably OO is no different.

Nik

Anno domini 2022 Fri, 4 Mar 19:10:43 -0800
 William Morder via tde-users scripsit: