Re: non-starting browsers & other annoyances

Hi Bill!

Anno domini 2022 Fri, 4 Mar 01:28:14 -0800
 William Morder via tde-users scripsit:
> Hi Nik!
>
> I just tried out Michael's suggestions, and they are a slight improvement over
> the default glaringly bright white screen; sort of like eyedrops after my
> eyeballs have already been gouged out. It's better, but not much, and I can't
> seem to get qt5ct to impose TDE's colors on Libre Office.

I'm not sure what qt5ct actually does here on daedalus, but it definitly does not transfer the TDE colorscheme to QT5 programs nor to GTK programs. What it does is force GTK3 color scheme to QT5 applications (Awaita-dark - which I set with lxappearance).

> In one of the older how-to posts (from 2012 or so?) there was mention of a
> package named libreoffice-kde which was supposed to do the trick. I wonder if
> there is any chance of making a trinity version of that package,
> libreoffice-tde or libreoffice-kde-trinity?

That's gone with the wind.

Nik