Re: non-starting browsers & other annoyances

On Friday 04 March 2022 00:24:28 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2022 Thu, 3 Mar 17:01:09 -0800
>
>  William Morder via tde-users scripsit:
> > [...]
> >
> > Then you run this command:
> > sudo sh -c "echo 'export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2' >> /etc/environment"
> > and reboot, and it always worked (at least, when I was running Devuan
> > Beowulf on my desktop).
>
> "man environment" suggest a different format for each environment varable,
> so this might cause problems.
>
> Nik

Hi Nik!

I just tried out Michael's suggestions, and they are a slight improvement over
the default glaringly bright white screen; sort of like eyedrops after my
eyeballs have already been gouged out. It's better, but not much, and I can't
seem to get qt5ct to impose TDE's colors on Libre Office.

In one of the older how-to posts (from 2012 or so?) there was mention of a
package named libreoffice-kde which was supposed to do the trick. I wonder if
there is any chance of making a trinity version of that package,
libreoffice-tde or libreoffice-kde-trinity?

Anyway, still moving things around. Sooner or later I will figure out
something. I only hope that I live to see it.

As for the colors and fonts on the page itself (what appears "inside" the
GUI), that's easier to accomplish without all that fuss. Just make a backup
of the user folder (in the config of libreoffice or openoffice), then copy
over your previous user folder from whatever you were using. That works
great. It's not the page itself that bothers my eyes, but the borders, and
all the help pages, configuration pages, etc. Just the borders alone are hard
on my eyes. I did manage to get the breeze dark theme working, but as I said,
it's just a minor improvement.

Bill