Re: non-starting browsers - more info

> Hi Bill,
>
> Menu > System > KsysGuard >> (tab) Process Table
>
> Per mine all 3 of:
>
> applet.py
> agent
> at-spi-bus-laun
>
> are part of tdeinit.
>
> So!...  Make sure all three of those are put back into your system.
>
> Best,
> Michael

Yeah, as I said, I didn't actually uninstall those items. I searched for what
programs would cause those things to run. But please don't ask me how or
what, because that was done before I reinstalled my OS. Mainly I just did not
install some packages, when I reinstalled my OS, rather than uninstalling
these items from a running system.

I lock my konsole windows to a specific desktop; but to use alsamixer on the
same desktop as my media player, I start xfce terminal, because, you know,
it's there and convenient. It's always worked okay, but now running the
command xfce4- terminal won't start it.

Just for the heck of it, I tried starting xfce4-terminal from a terminal
(dunno if that's a good idea or not), and I get the same kind of message as
with my non-starting browsers.

$ xfce4-terminal
(xfce4-terminal:26359): Gtk-ERROR **: 16:59:47.126: GTK+ 2.x symbols detected.
Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process is not supported
Trace/breakpoint trap

Bill