Re: how to force TDE colors in LibreOffice and other applications?

Anno domini 2022 Sat, 19 Feb 10:16:33 -0800
 William Morder via tde-users scripsit:

> On Saturday 19 February 2022 10:02:03 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > Anno domini 2022 Sat, 19 Feb 09:43:10 -0800
> >
> >  William Morder via tde-users scripsit:

> > > Thanks, but that doesn't change the colors in the GUI. I mean the
> > > borders, the dialog pages, etc. My colors and fonts for actual documents
> > > (inside the application) are just fine. I want the GUI to use my TDE
> > > colors, or at least high-contrast, dark theme, light fonts on dark
> > > background.
> >
> > You'll need to transfer your TDE color settings to GNOME theme. E.g. get
> > started with /usr/share/themes/BlackMATE/gtk-3.0/gtk-main.css and modify it
> > to your needs. I have to admit I gave up on this some time ago - GTK3 is
> > just a PITA.
> >
> > Nik
> >
> > > Bill
>
> There's another reason why I want to stick with Open Office; except, y'know,
> it stopped working.
>
> At least this gives me some hope to modify it with css.
>
> Also, I suspect that this is somehow related to the issue that causes Open
> Office not to work. When I reinstalled my OS, there were a lot of gtk2 and
> gtk3 things that I never noticed before. They only get noticed when there's a
> problem.

Just to mention: "kgtk-qt3-trinity" does not work with GKT3 applications on daedalus, they kind of start but just don't open any window. Same thing with "apulse" - on some machines it works, on others firefox crashes.

Nik