how to force TDE colors in LibreOffice and other applications?

I know, I know ... Use qt5ct. And I'm the one who complains when others bring
up this same problem under different headings:

GTK 3 TQt Engine Styles
Using Tqt theme/color scheme in Qt5 applications

The problem is not with display of text, etc.; in fact, it would seem that the
issue with page metrics differing between Open Office and Libre Office has
been resolved, or is not so obvious. So it may be that I can make it work, at
least for the present.

What I want is to change the GUI of Libre Office to use my TDE system colors
and fonts. I could do it with Open Office, but not with Libre Office, which
appears to use Gnome defaults. I've tried to go into Trinity Control Center,
but changing the settings does nothing to Libre Office.

This isn't just a cosmetic annoyance (although it *is* ugly), but because it's
really hard on my old eyes to stare for hours on end at a white background
with tiny black text. It only takes a few minutes and my eyes start to give
me problems, and I can't continue working.

It seems that there must be a way to force Libre Office to use my TDE colors,
or at least to use a dark theme or high-contrast mode. I tried qt5ct, and
nothing happens. I thought maybe I could do it with css or something like
that.

Any help or suggestions?

Bill