Re: gtk2-tqt-engine causing crashes

On Sunday 13 February 2022 11:06:18 Slávek Banko wrote:
> Dne p�. � 2022 17:23:47 William Morder via tde-users napsal(a):
> > On Friday 04 February 2022 08:10:49 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > >Try removing these:
> > >
> > >gtk3-tqt-engine-trinity
> > >gtk2-engines-gtk-qt-trinity
> > >
> > >Nik
> >
> > Hi Nik!
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion, and it sounded right (or like what I
> > remember), but I get this response:
> >
> > Note, selecting 'gtk-qt-engine-trinity' instead
> > of 'gtk2-engines-gtk-qt-trinity'
> > Package 'gtk3-tqt-engine-trinity' is not installed, so not removed
> >
> > So it must not be that.
> >
> > Bill
>
> Hi,
>
> you probably mean kgtk-qt3-trinity package.
>
> Cheers

Sorry for the late response. Thanks for your suggestion; however, this is
still not it.

"Package 'kgtk-qt3-trinity' is not installed, so not removed"

This is a problem because I stubbornly choose to keep using OpenOffice rather
than LibreOffice, for niggling reasons such as changes in page metrics. I did
give LibreOffice a try, too, but now not even that will run properly.

I will eventually try just reinstalling my OS and everything, to see if that
might resolve it. I suspect that I might have to downgrade to Devuan Beowulf.
I did have OO running on Beowulf, but that was a 32-bit machine, and the
saved packages don't match my 64-bit laptop, and now I can't find older
versions of OO in 64-bit.

So now I have to try to find some combination of OS, preferably Devuan, and an
office program that are compatible for my machine. The machine itself is
practically brand-new, runs well, I need to resolve several issues, of which
this is the most important.

Bill