Re: Greeter on wrong display

Felix Miata wrote:

> I don't find the strings mirror or extended in tdmrc.dpkg-dist or the
> abbreviated tdmrc. I know what you're describing, but I don't see any such
> settings in TCC. In Monitor & Display, everything is grayed out. In Login
> Manager settings, the only things I see having to do with display
> selection are an Identify Screens button, and a select list for how and
> where backgrounds appear.
>
> BTW, I'm trying to get this to happen using Intel IGPs on multiple PCs on
> both openSUSE and/or Debian first, then others, once (if?) successful.

It is under Administration monitor and display (or similar)

I used and use only Intel IGP. On some of them I had to write custom
xorg.conf and for the user I had to enable script to extend the screen.

DSPL=`xrandr | egrep "[[:space:]]connected[[:space:]]" | grep -v eDP |
cut -d ' ' -f1`

if [[ "x"$DSPL != "x"  ]]
then
        xrandr --output eDP --auto
        xrandr --output $DSPL --mode 1920x1080  --right-of eDP --auto
        exit 0
fi

So it also depends on the IGP