Re: Trinity on HD+ display

On Sunday 13 February 2022 10:10:36 ajh-valmer wrote:
> On Sunday 13 February 2022 18:32:10 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
>
> > It sounds like you mean changing the size of the display itself ?
> >
> > If you run the command tderandrtray (Trinity resize and rotate), you will
> > find an icon added to your task bar. That will give you give quick access
> > to your settings.
>
> Hello,
>
> # tderandrtray (root or user)
> the result :
> "[FIXME] UNCLASSIFIED DEVICE name:
> 0000:00:16.0-05b79a6f-4628-4d7f-899d-a91514cb32ab type: (null) subsystem:
> mei driver: mei_wdt [Node Path: (null)] [Syspath:
> /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000 and many lines "[FIXME] UNCLASSIFIED DEVICE",
> And no icon added to my task bar
>
> Cheers
>
> André
>
> > Otherwise, you can find it in Trinity Control Center:
> > TCC / Peripherals / Display / Size & Orientation.

You get the strangest results! However I seem to recall that you are
relatively new here.

Do not run it as root!

1. You ought to be able to open a "run command" window with ALT-F2, then just
enter tderandrtray.

2. Another way is to right-click on your menu editor, look for
Screen Resize & Rotate (TDERandRTray)
and click the button with option to place in system tray.

3. Still another way is to left-click on your menu editor, search for
Screen Resize & Rotate (TDERandRTray)
then drag it to your lower panel. Not as good, but it's a start.

4. Yet one more way is to right-click on your lower panel (that's where I put
mine), then look for
Add Application to Panel / System / Screen Resize & Rotate (TDERandRTray)

But you ought to be able to add it to your system tray. It has been a long
time since I did this, so pardon my possible faulty memory. If anybody else
knows better, please jump in here.

Once you get your panel set how you want, lock it and leave it alone. That's
why I don't want to try removing it in my own system, then trying to add it
again. Whenever I mess with my lower panel, my icons and clock, etc.
sometimes start to wander around.

Try these steps and see what if you get it added. It's a tiny blue  & white
icon with diagonal arrows.

Bill