Re: lost double quote mark

On Fri, 11 Feb 2022, Dan Youngquist wrote:

On 2/11/22 1:59 PM, Felmon Davis wrote:
hard to search with double quotes and single quotes. even if I
ctrl+alt+fn1 out to a full screen terminal, I can´t get proper
quote-marks, thus cannot write proper command lines.

Find whatever symbol/character you need somewhere else -- KCharSelect, web
page, email, text file, etc.  Then copy/paste where you need it.  A bit
cumbersome, but gets the job done in a pinch.

indeed. umlauts, ok, you use double vowels so umlaut ´a´ becomes ´ae´. got that stoopid single quote for writing prose. alright, copy and paste double-quotes. life, and writing, goes on.

I would hate to reinstall though I should upgrade to Bullseye. want something more targeted.

you have a problem with keyboard layout and chars from a couple of languages but you don´t want to reinstall the whole chimichanga - what subsystem(s) would you reinstall?

a couple of deft ´apt installs´  would get me back in shape.

maybe best to upgrade now. maybe that´ s what the daemons of the binary world are telling me. has to wait a bit though.

I wish I knew what happened. haven´t done my keyboard lock research yet as advised by Michael. I´ll copy and paste to search on the commandline for files ending in ´.rc´. distracted by other things at the moment.

f.

--
Felmon Davis

Verbum sat sapienti.