Re: lost double quote mark

On Fri, 11 Feb 2022, William Morder via tde-users wrote:

I am using an American keyboard set to ´Generic 105-key PC (intl)´.
Layout is ´English (US) us, intl, thus:
setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout us -variant intl

Compose key is now set to ´Menu´ but it´s ignored; right Alt generates
ß and the á, ó letters.

before whatever it is that happened I could effortlessly generate
Umlauts (right shift + double-quote + vowel).

I probably have set something wrong, some configuration issue, but no
luck or insight yet.

it´s an ASUS laptop, pretty old: UX330U.

I kinda need Umlauts.

I expect that you have already explored the keyboard mapping options in
Trinity Control Center: TCC / Regional & Accessibility / Keyboard Layout /
Xkb Options.

yes, still am.

Somewhere buried in your system, there must be a configuration file, a text
file, probably ending in -rc, and if so, there is probably also a recent
backup of that file, from before mistakes were made, and whoever or whatever
messed it up.

hard to search with double quotes and single quotes. even if I ctrl+alt+fn1 out to a full screen terminal, I can´t get proper quote-marks, thus cannot write proper command lines.

Maybe it is kept in /opt/trinity/, maybe it is somewhere in /usr/X, maybe it
is in /home/~/.trinity, but there ought to be a record of your previous
settings.

will search for the proper config files. got another laptop here, may have to switch to it as I´m on the road and lack time also for tinkering.

diaeresis or Umlaut - my kingdom for a glyph!

f.

--
Felmon Davis

Verbum sat sapienti.