Re: I'M BAAAACK! - vanishing menu items

J Leslie Turriff wrote:

> Yes, I believe I mentioned that they are not germaine to the issue being
> discussed. (YaST allows one to specify that debug packages should be
> installed with regular packages.)  I'm not sure why those particular debug
> packages didn't get installed.

I am using Debian and here they are optional and are not installed
automatically when I install tde-trinity (meta package) that pulls whole
trinity desktop.
I don't know how YaST works or how you configured it, but it does not make
sense to pull those unless you want to debug.
I am even not sure if they are build by default or one should change the
build options. In Debian the default is without debugging symbols, which
usually go into such packages, but it could be a different configuration in
your case.