Re: A question about the different versions.

Hi Chris and welcome to the TDE mailing list.

On Tue January 18 2022 16:15:54 c. marlow wrote:
> I am currently on Debian 11, and I am thinking about trying TDE for the
> very first time.
>
> I would like to know, what is the difference between TDE 14.x and TDE
> 3.5.x and which one is the best?

TDE 14.x is newer and better and supports Debian 11 Bullseye.  There are
also TDE versions similar to Debian Testing and Debian Unstable but I
recommend you start with 14.x.

> And also, what would be the repo's be that I need to add via the
> command line to get TDE?

You should add the 4 lines shown here with bullseye as distro release name:
https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Debian_Trinity_Repository_Installation_Instructions#Configure_the_package_manager

In addition to the main repo those builddeps lines provide a few support
libraries.

That page also explains how to import the signing key and install Trinity.

> And.. Do I need to install KDE first, and then TDE?

TDE is designed to work alongside KDE if required but you'll probably find it
less confusing at first if you do NOT install KDE.

--Mike