Re: Spam

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 11:00:36 AM EST William Morder via tde-users
wrote:
> On Sunday 09 January 2022 00:56:18 Felix Miata wrote:
> > Dan Youngquist composed on 2022-01-08 16:02 (UTC-0800):
> > >
> > > Aaaand... 4 new spam messages from tde-users just today, so far.  I'd
> > > hoped for at least a comment from Slavek on whether or not my
> > > suggested
> > > solution is possible.
> >
> >  Methinks people are too sensitive about the stupid nuisance that is
> >  SPAM,
> >
> > and don't give Slavek slack to do the most important things with the
> > time
> > he has to spend on the project. Same goes for other contributors. Their
> > available time only goes so far. They're people, not robots. If and when
> > time permits, I'm sure they'll do something about it if it's possible
> > and
> > still necessary.
>
> +1
>
> The spam is a nuisance, yeah, but unless somebody wants to volunteer for
> the job, we ought to just let Slavek get to it when he has time.
>
> Bill
>

> P.S.
> By the way, I am having spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, and
> spam.
>
> ;-]

Chuckle..  Sounds like you are getting edible spam, Bill. What I get isn't
edible. Once you do business online with some outfit you are on their
mailing list forever, getting a 2-3x daily bombardment for every new IC chip
or potatoe  peeler that's been on their shelf long enough to need dusting.
How do you separate the spam from the order confirmation and tracking
notices from the same outfit? The sales folks take advantage of the fact
that you have done business with them and can't handily write a rule to
separate the business from the BS. Since I'm a long retired JOAT, my spam
here is, shall we say, varigated. It is a PITA, but then the delete key is
only about 4" from the + key on my keyboards and both work just fine.

> Web mail archive available at
> https://mail.trinitydesktop.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/users@trinitydes
> ktop.org .

Cheers, Gene Heskett.