Re: Spam

On 09/01/2022 08:56, Felix Miata wrote:
Dan Youngquist composed on 2022-01-08 16:02 (UTC-0800):

Dan Youngquist wrote:
tde-users is currently the main source of the spam I receive.  In fact, all
the spam in my Junk folder at the moment came from tde-users.
Aaaand... 4 new spam messages from tde-users just today, so far.  I'd hoped
for at least a comment from Slavek on whether or not my suggested solution
is possible.

The odd thing is, whilst I do receive the occasional spam here, I haven't received _any_ during the time span of this particular thread so not _all_ the patrons here are getting the spam you are. Probably vice-versa too. Odd.

  Methinks people are too sensitive about the stupid nuisance that is SPAM, and
don't give Slavek slack to do the most important things with the time he has to
spend on the project. Same goes for other contributors. Their available time only
goes so far. They're people, not robots. If and when time permits, I'm sure
they'll do something about it if it's possible and still necessary.

It should not be down to developers to run the list, unless of course they are masochists :)

--
Michael Howard.