Re: Spam

On 1/6/22 9:32 AM, Dan Youngquist wrote:
> tde-users is currently the main source of the spam I receive.  In fact, all
> the spam in my Junk folder at the moment came from tde-users.

Aaaand... 4 new spam messages from tde-users just today, so far.  I'd hoped
for at least a comment from Slavek on whether or not my suggested solution
is possible.

On 1/6/22 9:53 AM, Borg Labs wrote:
> I take the time to create spam filters with kshowmail and kmail but I've
> been doing it so long it's second nature.
My mail server runs SpamAssassin, but it gives these spams a very low score,
so not even close to catching them.  Thunderbird's junk filter misses most
of them.  And I don't see anything unique about them that I could filter on.
 The closest I can see is that they all come from a gmail address formatted
as <name><number>@gmail.com, but so do a lot of legitimate posts, including
yours.

On 1/6/22 11:07 AM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> If really needed just filter for hyperkitty in the mail header. All spam
> on TDE lists in the last year came from the web interface.
That would have to be an extreme last-resort solution, because I don't see a
way to do it without also filtering any legitimate posts that come via the
web interface.  Or is there something I'm missing?

--
PGP key: http://homestead-products.com/pubkey.htm