Re: complete TDE pkgs appropriate for my system?

On Saturday 08 January 2022 16:38:00 Mike Bird wrote:
> On Sat January 8 2022 16:14:44 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > > What please is the output of:
> > >
> > > apt-cache policy libxine2-plugins
>
> Please check the above command to see if you have the right sourcing from
> deb-multimedia.
>
> > Yeah, and I wish I didn't ever use third-party repos, but I need that one
> > to get audacious, qmmp and (I believe) audacity working. Whenever I try
> > to install without them, I get nothing. And these three items are
> > probably more used than anything else right now, as music has become my
> > side-hustle.
> >
> > If there is some way to get those items working without using Debian
> > Multimedia repos, that would be great. Also I wish that I could use a
> > genuinely free version of audacity, but thus far the various forks don't
> > do the job.
>
> All three are in Bullseye and presumably also in Chimaera but I don't
> use them myself.
>
> --Mike

Yeah, I just commented out the Debian Multimedia repos, and downloaded those
packages, and now they seem to work ... sort of. I don't know why I had
problems getting them before. On my old desktop machine I would download
packages mostly from those repos or use sid packages, and they would exist as
a kind of island that never got touched by upgrades, unless I manually
retrieved new packages. But now I got them to download without using dodgy
third-party repos, great!

Except ... like I said ... nothing is ever perfect. I use qmmp to listen to
online radio a lot; audacious and others don't work so well for my purposes.
But so I got qmmp working, select a station, hit play, and it buffers all the
way up to 100%, then just mysteriously dies. Doesn't matter what station.
Also I have tried using it over proxy, and with direct connection, but it's
the same result.

I would like to get this working in the next hour or so, as there are some
online shows that I listen to.

Bill