Re: complete TDE pkgs appropriate for my system?

On Saturday, January 8, 2022 3:09:45 PM EST Mike Bird wrote:
> On Sat January 8 2022 11:47:42 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > When I try to install, I get this error message:

> >  tdemultimedia-trinity : Depends: libarts1-xine-trinity (>=
> >
> > 4:14.0.11-0debian11.0.0+0) but it is not installable
>
> What please is the output of the following three commands:
>
> apt-cache policy libarts1-xine-trinity
> apt --dry-run install libarts1-xine-trinity
> apt-cache policy base-files
>
> --Mike
following along here Mike, but this s/b a separate thread as I have not been
able to install anything trinity, I checked my repo list, looks good.

But I get to the second of the 3 commands above and get this:
gene@coyote:~$ sudo apt --dry-run install libarts1-xine-trinity
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 tdelibs14-trinity : Depends: libjasper1 but it is not installable

but broken packages is not the problem, it is that there is no such package
as libjasper1 in the repo's. None, nada, zip, taint there to install???? A
typu someplace?

I'm in no great hurry as I have the newer kmail mostly working, but sure am
curious.  So when you get a chance...

Thanks, take care and stay well Mike.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)