Re: I can't logoff or shutdown in TDE using lightdm in Linux Mint

On Thursday 06 of January 2022 03:04:47 goro.ddaimonx@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> When I run shutdown -h now the machine shutdown in the Konsole.
>
> But I want to logoff or shutdown in Trinity Desktop Environment and I
> need lighdm to upgrade Linux Mint cuz the Mint's developers recommends
> to use lightdm for the upgrade.
>
> I don't want to use TDM. I set lightdm the default.

I looked at some instructions about the Mint upgrade and I absolutely lack
any reason for "You must use LightDM display manager" because the
following update steps are completely standard use of the APT in the
console or GUI tools. All that looked like a reason was that users have
replaced previously used MDM.

In any case, regardless of whether LightDM or TDM is used, the shutdown and
restart options should be provided in both cases.

Cheers
--
Slávek